Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Happy Election day, Kentucky! Next time, give us someone to vote for besides the lesser of two evils.



Today is Primary Election Day in the great state of Kentucky, my home. Too bad that, as a registered independent, I don't get to vote (In Kentucky, voters can only vote in primary elections in which candidates from the party in which the voter is registered are running). 

That doesn't mean I don't get to poke fun at Mitch McConnell (current Senate Minority Leader and Galapagos tortoise) and Matt Bevin (Lousville Tea Partier who stands a snowball's chance against Mitch). 

I mean, really: is this the best my great state has to offer? 


Please don't turn this blog into a sounding board for your own political beliefs. You can make your own blog for that. 

The inspiration for this was the Matt Bevin billboard I pass every day on the way to work. For a split second, I always think it says "Matt Bevis", which might have greatly increased his chances of winning had that actually been his real name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment